Photo: Chris Farina/Top Rank
Superstar Manny Pacquiao makes a surprise visit to the Wildcard Boxing Club in Hollywood, California to wish good luck to three-time world champion Miguel Cotto. Cotto is finishing up the first week of training with his new trainer Freddie Roach for his upcoming 12-round super welterweight battle against current top-five contender Delvin Rodriguez. Promoted by Miguel Cotto Promotions and Top Rank, in association with Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing and Tecate, Cotto vs. Rodriguez will take place Saturday, October 5 at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
Pacquiao will take on former world champion Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios at The Venetian Macao Resort in Macau,China. Pacquiao vs Rios will be televised live in the US, Saturday, Nov. 23, 9pm ET/6pm PT on HBO Pay-Per-View.
- Interviews: Miguel Cotto, Delvin Rodriguez, Todd duBoef, Joe DeGuardia (fightnews.com)
- Shot of the Day (fightnews.com)
- Can Freddie Roach revive Miguel Cotto’s career? (voxxi.com)
- Boxer Miguel Cotto Switches Trainers (fitwithfallon.com)
- Roach: ‘I will be at Pacquiao’s camp on Oct. 6’ (inmyredcorner.wordpress.com)
- Manny Pacquiao: I can still fight, my boxing career is not done yet (fightnews.com)
- Rios: I will end Pacman’s career (manilastandardtoday.com)
- Opportunity knocking for Rodriguez, Cotto looking bounce back (timesunion.com)
- Cotto, Rodriguez announce bout (sportsnippets.com)